# of Recipients:
September 13, 2023
CompHealth wants to help up and coming physicians by providing a scholarship for medical and pre-med students.
• Must be a U.S. citizen
• The CompHealth Medical Scholarship is to be used exclusively for school tuition and related expenses
• Minimum GPA of 3.0. Or, if your school participates in an alternate pass/fail grading system, a passing status is required.
• The awarded recipient shall provide proof of admission and enrollment in an institution of higher education
• Must be a full-time student attending (or planning to attend on a full-time basis) an accredited institution of higher education
• If selected, please be prepared to provide an official statement of your current academic status. Your school’s registrar will be able to provide you with documentation that proves your enrollment. Failure to include all required materials will result in immediate rejection of the application
a. One (1) applicant will be selected by a panel of judges chosen by Sponsor as the potential winner (“Potential Winner”). Once eligibility is confirmed by the Sponsor, Sponsor will declare the Potential Winner to be the winner (“Winner”). In the event the Potential Winner is declared ineligible, a new Potential Winner will be selected by the judges and the process will continue until a Winner is selected. Each applicant agrees that the decisions of the judges and Sponsor are final and binding.
b. The following criteria is what the judges will use to evaluate each Video:
1) Conformance to Scholarship Purpose (60%). The purpose of this Scholarship is to allow future physicians to describe how they plan to make a difference helping patients in a specialty matched to their personality and skill set while maintaining a healthy work-life balance. The applicant’s Video submission will then be evaluated and compared to Sponsor’s overall mission of helping physicians find the right job which makes a difference in patients’ lives and provides a healthy work-life balance to the physician. The Video which most aligns with Sponsor’s overall mission will receive the highest score.
2) Creativity (20%). Entries must creatively incorporate their message into the Video. Creativity can be included through any means, including but not limited to: Video script, visual elements of the Video and other methods to support the messaging and mission element. Judges will consider the creativity for each Video in the context of: a) whether and to what extent the Video grabs the viewer’s attention, b) whether and to what extent the Video is relatable, relevant and memorable, and c) whether and to what extent the Video utilizes elements that are original.
3) Quality of Video (20%). Videos submitted in an unapproved format or saved in such a way that a viewer is not able to understand the Video content, will not be considered (i.e., overly grainy as to be un-viewable, sound inaudible or unintelligible).
Judges will consider the quality of each Video in the context of:a) whether the Video submitted can be utilized in multiple arenas (i.e., social media, tv, internet, etc.), and
b) whether the Video format supports and enhances the message and content